The Living Roof is a collaborative project between the TD Bank Group and TD Centre, and is a bold expression of working together for environmental stewardship. The Living Roof is developed atop the TD Bank Pavilion, one of Toronto's must identifiable buildings. The Living Roof covers most of the 22,000 sq. ft. roof and is an active contributor to a healthier community. It is made up of Creek Sedge Grass and its benefits to the community include:
- Reducing the urban heat‐island effect caused by building materials that retain heat.
- Providing insulation from solar heat gain reducing energy associated with cooling.
- Reducing storm water run‐off and retaining rainwater.
- Providing vegetated areas in urban landscapes that contribute to improving air quality.
- Enhancing the biodiversity of the area.